Updating and keeping your operating system up to date
We recommend keeping your operating system up to date to keep your device running smoothly.
To do so, select the Start button, go to Settings, from here select Update & Security and then lastly, select Windows Update. From here you can configure your setting as needed.
How to update your browser
- In the upper right-hand corner of Chrome, select the Chrome menu icon (three dots) and select Help and then click on about Chrome.
- From here, any updates will install automatically.
- Once the updates have been installed, select Restart to apply any updates that were installed.
- Select the menu bar icon in the upper-right corner
- Navigate to Settings
- Under the general tab, scroll to the Firefox Updates section
- Make sure that you allow Firefox to ‘Automatically Install updates’, as this will keep your browser up to date.
- Usually, updates are set to install automatically when Windows updates, so if this setting is disabled on your computer, we recommend turning it on.
- To manually check this, press the Windows key, type ‘check for updates and press Enter.
- In the Window that appears, click on ‘Check for Updates.
A restart may be required if there are updates that need to be installed.