There are several different reasons that a missing .dll error can occur. Please follow the below steps to troubleshoot this issue:
This can be done in almost all firewall software that is available, including the Windows Firewall, which comes as a standard component of Windows XP, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. The Windows Firewall can be accessed by entering the Control Panel. When switching the Control Panel view to Classic View, Windows Firewall should appear as its own icon within it.
- Open Windows Firewall
- Click on ' Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall'
- Click on ' Allow another program... '
- Click on Browse
- Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph
- Select GlyphClient application and click Ok
- Select Add and this application will be added to the Allowed Programs list
- Repeated steps 3-7 for the below programs:
- exe - located at:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live\bin32
C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\AAUnchained\Live\bin32
If you are using third-party firewall software such as Norton Internet Security or ZoneAlarm, you will need to add the same files listed above to the list of allowed programs in your third-party firewall software as well. You should be able to find instructions on how to do this through the Support site for your security software.
Be aware that the proper instructions for doing this may vary, depending on the version of the firewall software you are using. You will want to make sure that you are finding the instructions for your particular version of your firewall software.
Completely Restart Computer
Many times restarting your computer entirely can resolve this error as it will be opening a fresh version of Glyph and ArcheAge when you first load up the game.
To update your DirectX, please follow the instructions provided by Microsoft under 'Install Instructions’ here.
Reinstall ArcheAge with Anti-Virus disabled
The final step you can try is completely reinstalling ArcheAge while you have your Anti-Virus turned off completely. Follow the steps below to do that:
- Disable your Anti-Virus entirely (if you need help doing this please go to the support site for the Anti-Virus program you use)
- Open Glyph
- Click on ArcheAge and select the correct server region from the dropdown in the top right corner
- Right-click on ArcheAge and select 'Uninstall' and click 'Yes'
- Next press the 'Start' key and in the search field type %LOCALAPPDATA%
- Right-click on the Glyph folder and click 'Delete'
- Once these complete select ArcheAge in Glyph and click the 'Install' button
Re-add cryphysics.dll file
- Open the zip file located HERE
- Unzip the file to C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\ArcheAge\Live\bin32
or C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph\Games\AAUnchained\Live\bin32
- Reload Glyph and ArcheAge