If you are experiencing issues with your audio in-game, you can try the below troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue.
Adjusting Settings In-Game
The first step you should try when having audio issues within the game is to modify the sound settings in-game. Make certain that everything is turned on and up to at least medium volume, make sure to change at least 1 setting and apply those changes. Once you have done that, restart the client and see if the audio is working.
Adjusting the Volume in Windows
The next thing you will want to check is your volume settings in Windows. Follow the below steps to ensure your volume is at an acceptable level.
- Launch the game and make sure it is active in the background
- Right-click on the volume icon on your Windows taskbar
- Select 'Open Volume Mixer'
- Locate the game in the list of active applications
- Increase the volume to ensure it is at a mid to high level
- Maximize your game and see if you are still having audio issues
Check Audio Devices
In some cases the incorrect device may be selected and this can make the audio not be sent. Follow the below steps to ensure you have the appropriate device selected:
- Open your 'Control Panel'
- Go to 'Hardware and Sound'
- Open 'Manage audio devices'
- On the 'Playback' tabm check to ensure the device you are using is set as default, if not right-click the appropriate device and click Set as Default Device
- Once you are done click 'OK'
- Launch the game once again and see if the audio issues are resolved
Updating Audio Drivers
Updating your system's audio drivers may be necessary should you encounter any audio problems within the game. If your system shipped with integrated audio, you should be able to download the most recent version of the audio drivers from your system or motherboard manufacturer's website. However, if you are using a separately installed sound card such as one from Creative Labs, then you will need to download the latest drivers from the sound card manufacturer's website.