RUN ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE
Perform a full virus scan of your computer. You can find more information regarding malware and virus removal here.
END BACKGROUND TASKS AND SERVICES
- Hold the Windows key and press the letter 'R' to open the Run window.
- In the Run window that appears, type 'msconfig' (without the quotes) and click 'OK'.
- In the System Configuration window, click on the 'Startup' tab.
- Click the 'Disable all' button.
- Click on the 'Services' tab.
- Click on the checkbox next to 'Hide all Microsoft services', which will remove all of the Microsoft services from the Services list.
- Click on the 'Disable all' button and click 'OK'.
- You will be prompted to restart the computer, which you should do before proceeding.
- Restart your computer.
REINSTALL ARCHEAGE COMPLETELY
- Open your Control Panel.
- Click on 'Uninstall a Program'.
- Find any and all entries with 'ArcheAge' in the name and click 'Uninstall'.
- Once this has finished, go to the folder in which ArcheAge was originally installed and make sure it has been removed.
At that point you can begin reinstalling ArcheAge.