This error can occur when a file that is transferred is shorter or longer than it's supposed to be. This can be caused by a permissions issue or by your antivirus blocking some of Glyph's communication with our servers.
Run Glyph as Admin
- Navigate to your Glyph folder (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph).
- Right-click on the file named "GlyphClient"
- Click 'Properties.'
- Click on the 'Compatibility' tab.
- Click the check box for 'Run this program as an administrator.'
- Click 'Apply' and then 'OK.'
- Attempt to patch.
- If you still get the error while patching, please close and reopen the patcher as Admin. This may take a few tries.
Add Glyph as an exception to your antivirus
Since the steps are different for each different type of firewall/antivirus program, you will need to search the steps for you specific version. We’ve included a possible fix and some links for a few popular programs below.
Please try the below steps in order to resolve this issue:
- Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- Type in 'services.msc' without quotation marks and press OK.
- In the Services list, find the service 'Workstation'.
- Right-click the name and select 'Restart'.
- Restart your Glyph client and attempt to log in
- Adding Glyph as an exception for Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Adding Glyph as an exception for Norton Antivirus.
If you're still having trouble after following these steps, we have additional troubleshooting here.