The best way to get around this issue is to flag the intro movie as already viewed in your game configuration file. To do this:
- Open up Windows Explorer
- Navigate to Documents
- Open up the ArcheAge folder
- Find system.cfg and double click on it
- When Windows says it cannot open the file, select 'Select a program from a list of installed programs' (this is the second option)
- From the available options select Notepad or WordPad
- Edit the line that says login_first_movie = and change the 0 to 1.
- Save the file
- Start up ArcheAge
If you find that you do not have a system.cfg in your ArcheAge folder, you can also bypass the opening video by pressing the Escape key multiple times while loading the game.