Typically this error is caused when the server is unavailable due to scheduled maintenance. You can check the status of the server on our official forums here. If you are consistently receiving this message, and the server has no scheduled downtime, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
Run Glyph as Administrator
- Navigate to your Glyph Game folder which is located where you installed the game. (usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph)
- Right click on the file named GlyphClient
- Click properties
- Click on the compatibility tab
- Click the check box for "Run this program as an administrator"
- Click apply and then ok
- Repeat steps 3-6 for the file called "GlyphDownloader" as well. (This is the game application file that runs when you click play from the launcher)
Disable Firewall and Anti-Virus
- Open your control panel
- Click System and Security (Windows XP Users select Windows Firewall at this point)
- Click Windows Firewall
- Click Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall
- Click the Change Settings button at the top
- Click Allow another program...
- Click Browse
- Navigate to where you installed Glyph (Usually C:\Program Files (x86)\Glyph)
- Select the application file named "GlyphClient" and click open
- Find the newly added Glyph file in the list, select it and click add at the bottom
Open Trove Ports for your Router and Router Firmware
- Review your router's documentation to find instructions on how to open ports on your model of router.
- Open the Lobby port: 6560
- Open the Game servers port: 37001-37499
- Once your ports are set up for Trove, you'll want to get the most recent Firmware updates from the manufacturer's website.
- You will need to follow the instructions in your router's documentation or on the manufacturer's support site to update the firmware.
- We've listed the some of the most popular router manufacturers and the links to their support websites below.
If these steps do not resolve your issue, please feel free to contact us by clicking Submit a Request at the top.