If you are seeing this error when attempting to log in to the patcher you will need to add the patcher as an exception to your firewall or antivirus. Since the steps are different for each different type of firewall/antivirus program, you will need to search the steps for you specific version. We’ve included a possible fix and some links for a few popular programs below.
Please try the below steps in order to resolve this issue:
- Press the Windows Key + R on your keyboard.
- Type in 'services.msc' without quotation marks and press OK.
- In the Services list, find the service 'Workstation'.
- Right-click the name and select 'Restart'.
- Restart your Defiance client and attempt to log in.
- Adding the Patcher as an exception for Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Adding the Patcher as an exception for Norton Antivirus.