Mailboxes can be found in most central hubs in each zone of RIFT.
You can also track mailboxes on your minimap. This can be done by clicking on the tracking icon on the left side of your minimap and then clicking the box next to "Mailboxes." Once done, any mailbox within the area will appear as a closed envelope on your minimap.
Note: Customer Support is unable to assist with lost or incorrectly sent mail.
Sending a mail
- Go to a mailbox and right-click.
- An interface titled "MAIL" will appear; click on the "send" tab at the top.
- Enter the name of the player you want to send mail to and the subject of the mail.
- Enter the body of your message in the large field below the subject.
- If you want to attach an item, drag it to one of the boxes near the bottom of the interface.
- To Send Money, or to require Cash on Delivery (C.O.D.), select either option and enter an amount in the field below.
- Once everything is completed, hit "Send" at the bottom and the mail will enter the system and be sent to the other player shortly.
- When you have new mail, an envelope icon will appear below your mini-map.
- Approach and right-click any mailbox.
- An interface titled "MAIL" will appear; click on the "inbox" tab at the top.
- Your mail is listed here from newest to oldest; click on the mail you want to open .
- When you click on the mail, a new interface will open with multiple options. If an item is attached to the mail, retrieve it by clicking on the item.
- The mail will be returned to the original player in 30 days, if not deleted or returned sooner.
- Once it is returned to the original player they will have it for 30 days before it is permanently deleted, the mail will only bounce back once.
Reply: If you want to reply to the mail, click the reply button and a new mail will open.
Delete: If you want to delete the mail, click the delete button that looks like a trashcan.
Return: If you want to return the mail, click the return to sender button.
Additional uses for mail
- Auction House: The Auction House uses the mail system to facilitate most transactions.
- All items purchased will be mailed to the buyer.
- Any bids placed that were not the winning bids will be mailed to the bidder.
- Any money won from selling an item will be mailed to the person who put up the auction.
- To facilitate trades: Players can C.O.D. items through the mail so that the receiving player can pay for the item within 3 days. Common reasons why C.O.D. is used are:
- Players are unable to meet in person to do a direct trade.
- Players are not online at the same time.
- The receiving player does not have enough cash to trade at the time of the trade agreement.
- Mail is also used for simple or complex social interactions not involving money or items.
- Mail can also be sent to players by scripted events from NPCs in order to immerse players further into the world of RIFT.
- Mail can also be used to inform players of changes or issues within RIFT.