What is Atlas Rogues?
Atlas Rogues is a rogue-lite, turn-based, PVE tactics combat game for a crew of four freelancers. Face escalating challenges and reap rewards in single player or with up to three friends in co-op.
Why Early Access?
Atlas Rogues is set in the incredible Atlas universe which is near and dear to many of us, but it isn’t just a sequel or a remake. Atlas Rogues is a unique game that aims to combine rogue-lite, turn-based, and co-op multiplayer aspects together with ever-growing challenges, characters, and combat decisions that bring fresh gameplay with every playthrough. We're starting with early access, because our goal is to get community feedback right from the start, and to help build a game together with dev and community.
Community satisfaction is our top priority, which means community feedback is our most valuable motivator and clearest compass. With countless combinations, enemy escalations, and variances with each run, it is impossible to test every condition, but that's where you come in! Early access is just the beginning, and there's so many more features we want to add and reiterate on together with our community to make the ultimate gameplay experience.
What's in Early Access?
- Online Co-op is functioning and unlock progress can be shared.
- 10 Freelancers to collect (4 default and 6 to unlock)
- 100+ Gear & Talent options to mix and match.
- Dynamic Combat Missions randomize the arenas every run, with several dozen cover layout and encounters in pool already. More will be added as new objective types are implemented.
- 3 Trust Strongholds so far, each guarded by a Trust boss, as well as 8 variants for the boss showdown at the Reactor.
- 20+ Escalation Events to randomize the power of friends and foes each run.
- 50+ Challenges, with some characters and other content locked behind them.
- 30+ Recons in the game, with unique choices available if you put the right lancers on your team.
When is Atlas Rogues releasing?
No set release date yet as we'll be working on content and taking in community feedback throughout early access development. Official news regarding dates will be announced on Atlas Rogues social media channels.
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
- Skins: Cosmetic costumes to wear and show off on each character.
- Localization: German and French language support.
- More Lancers & Content: The full version of the game will increase the number of playable characters (by a lot), as well as add more content across all our core systems based on player input (also a lot).
- 4 New Gameplay Features: Catalysts, Veterans, Rivals, and Taunts will come online over the course of the Early Access period. (More on those someday soon.)
- More Co-Op & End Game: We plan to add additional co-op run options and leaderboards, as well as more mastery activities like difficulty modifiers, leaderboards, daily runs, and an additional “true” end boss.
- Story Enhancements: The game’s story elements and tutorial will be revised once we’ve finalized our complete list of unlockable content and true ending (and add a few more scripting tools).
How much does the game cost? Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
Atlas Rogues early supporters will not only get a special discount for the first couple weeks of early access, but the price will likely increase by the time we fully release. There's incredible value in joining in early from both a monetary standpoint, but also as a player providing direct feedback to our dev team. Check the prices and payment options listed on our website or on Steam, and contact us if you have any issues making a purchase through our support or community channels.
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
We basically want community to ride shotgun with us for the incredible ride building a new kind of experience in the Atlas universe. So community livestreams, discord discussions, reddit threads, social media posts, and feedback forms to fill out will be an invaluable source of community involvement in our development. We would ask the players to report the bugs, imbalanced situations, and their own ideas they would like to see in game.
How many players is this game?
1 - 4 players in singleplayer or multiplayer co-op. For hosted multiplayer games, a host can assign who is using each Freelancer on the team. For example, if you have 3 players playing together, player A can control Lockwood and Helio, while player B controls Zuki, and player C controls Garrison.
What platforms will Atlas Rogues be on?
Atlas Rogues is currently on PC, and available using the Glyph and Steam launchers. Other platforms may be considered more in the future, but for now our focus is making the optimal PC experience.
Am I allowed to stream or make videos? What about DMCA?
Yes, please let us know when you go live with your stream, videos, artwork, or any content creation for Atlas Rogues on social media! Be sure to tag @AtlasRogues and use #AtlasRogues when you share. There is no NDA when the Early Access starts on November 18th, 2020. Also, there is no restrictions on playing the audio/music from in game, so don't worry about DMCA claims in this case.
What do I get if I played Atlas Reactor? Is there any carryover between Atlas Reactor and Atlas Rogues?
Atlas Rogues and Atlas Reactor are two different games with separate systems for player progression, unlockables, and account experience. Atlas Rogues is a new game, not just built off the Atlas Reactor game. Although there are some similarities between the games, your specific unlocks like taunts, skins, or level 422 Phaedra that are from Atlas Reactor and not able to be transferred. However, we would like to include a special reward for original Atlas Reactor players in the future.
What languages are supported?
English for initial early access launch. We would like to add German and French, and will take in suggestions for additional languages during our development.
When do we get our golden age tints promised in the EA packs.
Skins, taunts, and other awesome features are still very much a work in progress. During early access development we will have regular updates, so keep an eye out on social media until we announce when skins become available.
How can I check out the game and see gameplay?
Our dev livestreams take place on twitch.tv/gamigogames and videos are at youtube.com/gamigo. Follow our social media for news when we go live. Be sure to also check out Atlas Rogues content creators across Twitch, YouTube, and other media channels.
What are the system requirements for Windows?
OS: Windows 10 or later
Processor: Quad Core. Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2520M CPU ~2.5GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 @ 2.6GHz equivalent or higher
Graphics: Graphics card with 1696 MB display memory with Shader level 3.0 or above Directx: Version 11 Storage: 10GB disk space available Sound card: Standard