We greatly appreciate when players take the time to report bugs to us. If you are reporting a bug that does not require customer support assistance, please follow the steps below to make sure your report gets sent to the correct place.
1. Type /cs and press enter or click on the ? icon located in the lower left hand corner of your screen.
2. Click on the Feedback/Bugs tab at the bottom of the dialog box which opens up.
3. Select the category which most closely relates to the issue or feedback you have.
4. Write a detailed description in the appropriate boxes (for bugs, only the "Found a Bug?" box is needed).
- Time: When did this issue occur? Please be as specific as possible. If it happens repeatedly at all times, please include that information as well.
- Game Details: What are the name(s) of any involved quest/achievement/item? Please attempt to provide exact names as shown in-game. What location did this issue occur exactly? Please be as specific as possible. What shard did this occur on? You can type /shard to see what shard your character is on at the moment.
- Character Details: What level is your character? What class is your character? What faction is your character? What race is your character?
- Expected Outcome: In one sentence, what did you expect to happen? For example "I collected all the upgrade materials and clicked upgrade and the item was upgraded"
- Observed Outcome: In one sentence, what actually happened?
- Repro Steps: Most importantly, if possible, please include a list of specific steps we can take to reproduce this issue on our end. These steps need to be something we can reproduce on a new character, not isolated to your character only.
- Image/Video Documentation: Often the most useful information we can get for bugs will be screenshots or video documentation of the bug occurring. These can be uploaded to 3rd party websites (youtube/imgur) and you just have to include the link to them
5. Left-click the [SEND] button when you are finished.
6. Keep in mind that even though your report will be reviewed, it will not receive a direct development team response. However, any changes made in regards to bug reports will be listed in the RIFT patch notes.
Example Bug Report:
- Time: Wednesday, December 14th, at 3:30 PM GMT
- Context: I killed an invasion in Vostigar Peaks on Deepwood and my home shard is Faeblight. I am level 70 and was not mentored.
- Expected: I expected the invasion to advance my Wand of the Powerful active upgrade and provide rewards
- Observed: Instead, I only received a small amount of currency and my active was not advanced
- Repro Steps:
- 1. Go to Vostigar Peaks
- 2. Make sure you have item with an active upgrade that requires killing invasions
- 3. Kill invasions until you complete one that you do not get credit for